[immodule-qt] Fwd: Re: [i18n] Updated: qt-immodule for Mandrake Cooker

UTUMI Hirosi utuhiro78 at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Oct 6 15:59:50 EEST 2004

// From Yukiko
// http://archives.mandrakelinux.com/cooker-i18n/2004-10/msg00025.php

Hi,

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 02:24, UTUMI Hirosi wrote:
> I updated my qt-immodule packages for Mandrake Cooker.
> It includes Anuradha's patch. (Thanks Anuradha! :-)
> http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/immodule-qt/2004-September/000540.html

Thanks for making rpms instead of src.rpms.  It's much easier.  I'll update
my intact 10.1 with cooker and test them ASAP.  And I'll try to report
problems, if any, to the appropriate mailing list...

> // for Daisuke, YamaKen and Kazuki
> Yukiko said
>
> > As I said before, it (= qt-immodule) did me no good.
>
> http://archives.mandrakelinux.com/cooker-i18n/2004-09/msg00227.php
> http://archives.mandrakelinux.com/cooker-i18n/2004-09/msg00230.php
> ...maybe she needs your help. :-)

Yes I do.  Opera is not an open source software, its market share is smaller
than firefox, but it's my browser...  It's a big annoyance not to be able to
type Japanese in the most frequently used application.  And what makes me
uneasy is that there's so little information about what is to come.  I read
Trolltech's announcement of 'fourth release of Qt Solutions' but it didn't
say anything about Qt-immodule.
http://www.trolltech.com/newsroom/announcements/00000179.html
I really want to know whether problems caused by the introduction of
Qt-immodule should be fixed by Qt license holders (software developers) or
will be taken care of Trolltech and/or Qt-immodule developers. The only bright
thing I've found is that Opera and Trolltech are both based in Oslo, Norway.
Maybe they can communicate well with each other when problems occur... :)

Yukiko