[SCIM] Re: [immodule-qt] Scim-qtimm doesn't work with fedora's new patch

Daisuke Kameda kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp
Wed Sep 1 17:58:51 EEST 2004

Hi,

On Wednesday 01 September 2004 01:12, UTUMI Hirosi wrote:
> > http://freedesktop.org/Software/ImmoduleQtDownload/qt-x11-immodule-unifie
> >d-qt3.3.2-20040814.diff.gz
>
> LiuCougar <liucougar at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yeap, unified patch is required to use scim-qtimm svn head
>
> Fedora's new patch doesn't work with scim-qtimm-r3.tar.bz2 neither.
> It is not important for me (I packed qt-immodule-unified and told it to
> cooker-i18n), but fedora (and suse) users can't run scim-qtimm.
>
> I don't know what "qt-x11-immodule-bc-qt3.3.3.patch" is.
> Does it work with scim-qtimm or uim-qt?

I checked that it had been created based on
http://freedesktop.org/Software/ImmoduleQtDownload/qt-x11-immodule-bc-qt3.3.2-20040623.diff

I think the reason the newest unified patch is not adopted is that the
explanation "Please wait for a new stable release some days soon" is written.

IMO, the newest unified patch is stable except for some specification.
It is good to rewrite an explanation or to create the patch of the stable
version independently, I think.

P.S.
I feel that the specification about IM-Switcher still requires an argument.
However, I don't have a still concrete idea.

--
Daisuke Kameda <kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp>