[immodule-qt] Re: scim-qtimm 0.7 released

Choe Hwanjin krisna at kldp.org
Tue Sep 7 04:41:22 EEST 2004

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 01:21:10AM +0900, YamaKen wrote:
> Hi Mike, nice to meet you, hajimemashite.
>
> At Mon, 06 Sep 2004 15:38:03 +0200,
> mfabian at suse.de wrote:
> >
> > YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> さんは書きました:
> >
> > > Hi James,

> > > It's exactly same as our first implementation and insufficient
> > > for some users.
> >
> > What do you mean by insufficient? Does it cause problems or
> > is it only slow?
>
> Only slow (in some language or hardware). But I can't sense such
> problem in my environment with 60 chars/sec key repeat with a
> Japanese input method uim-anthy. So you could use following
> James's code as temporary solution.

No, the problem is not the slowenss only. If we call postEvent instead of
sendEvent, event sequence maybe changed.

For example, when user presses enter key, immodule will commit current
preedit string and forward enter key event. In this case, module code
will call postEvent and IMEnd event will be pushed into event queue,
and immodule return false to forward this enter key event.
Then application will receive enter key event first and IMEnd event
second.

I think this problem is quite important to my qt immodule implementation.