[immodule-qt] TODO in Qt4 Beta2 (was: Fwd: Qt 4.0.0 beta 2 has been released)

Daisuke Kameda kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp
Sun Apr 24 17:37:17 EEST 2005

Hello All,

I have receive the follow mail.

So, I investigated implementation immodule of Qt4 Beta2 in a hurry.
It turned out that there is TODO of the following as a result.

1. Disagreement of implementation and a document.

Implementation of QInputContext differs from the comment of QInputContext.
For example, there are setFocus() and unsetFocus(), and Preedit
relocation and preservation in document.

2. Setting IM sdefault IM and changing IM

I think now that present implementation whose setup default IM via
environment variable is enabled is the second best policy. Therefore,
I agree with leaving the implementation.

However, I oppose to introducing IM Switcher which starts in imsw.
I think it is good that if the changing of IM is setted by qtconfig,
IM is used via QMultiInputContext, in other, IM is used directly.

The change function from a menu regards me as good by implementation
using QInputContext::actions().

3. Fixing some Bugs (may exists).

We may need to check whether the call part of QWidget::isInputMethodEnabled()
and QInputContext::mouseHandler() is enough.

And when I tried to do a test of operation by example/mainwindow/application,
it did not start. It seems that, as for the cause, segmentation fault has
occurred by XCreateIC(). We should fix this bug.

However, I think that I cannot work till the end of next month about
having written to this mail.

Therefore, I want someone, especially Lars to work. Please consider.

regards,

--
Daisuke Kameda <kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp>