[immodule-qt] Why reconstruct the number of event's event type to one?

Daisuke Kameda kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp
Fri Feb 4 09:07:06 EET 2005

I have checked the code.
I appreciate adoption of attribute in QInputMethodEvent.

But I have question about new QInputMethodEvent structure.

Why reconstruct the number of QInputMethodEvent's
event type to one?

I think that it is difficult for application developer
to realize this structure and implementation to deal
with this event.

When this event contain committing and preedit string,
for example, does the developer understand the order?

And, in this implementation, when leaving preedit and
committing a string , it is necessary to send the
committing string and preedit's string simultaneously
or individually, isn't it?

It means preedit disappear, If input context does not
send preedit string one by one. I think that it is more
flexible and extensible for End and Composing to exist.

Furthermore, I consider it more convenient to express
modification of surrounding text with one event type.

I'd like to hear the opinion of other developers.
Let's discuss.

Regards,
--
Daisuke Kameda <kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp>