[immodule-qt] I have implemented QInputMethodEvent Property for the discussion

Daisuke Kameda kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp
Mon Jan 3 15:27:19 EET 2005

Lars Knoll <lars at trolltech.com> wrote:

> You have added a class QInputMethodStrAttr. Do you want to control all
> attributes of the preedit string through this class? Do you also want to
> include the preedit selection here and remove the cpos and selLen members
> from QInputMethodEvent?

Advanced input method requires the very complicated edit function of preedit.
Therefor, the toolkit should not have assumption about meaning of preedit
segment's attribute. Instead, it is important that it can display as specified.

As mentioned above, I think that is better to abolish the selection itself
and enable specifying background color and underline's color.

> I can come up with a proposal for a better QInputMethodEvent that includes
> support for editing of surrounding text and independent commit actions once I
> know this.

It is good news. I am looking forward to looking the modification.

Regards,
--
Daisuke Kameda <kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp>