[immodule-qt] Question about deletion of the method of QInputContext

Daisuke Kameda kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp
Wed Jan 5 18:52:03 EET 2005

I found that some functions were deleted from QInputContext.
Please teach us the reason about each of the following.

1.  About setFocus() and unsetFocus().
setFocus() and unsetFocus() were deleted from QInputContext and, naturally
the corresponding call was also deleted. I think it unnatural and unclear to
substitute setFocusWidget() and unsetFocusWidget().

Why did you determine in this way?

2. About setHolderWidget() and holderWidget().
I think that this lack may lead to unsuitable operation. Actually,
when XIM is used in style which is not on the spot, preedit will not be
displayed on a suitable position.

3. About isPreeditPreservationEnabled().
It seems that you determined to delete it although Yamaken had explained
several times. Why did you do?

Regards,
--
Daisuke Kameda <kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp>