[immodule-qt] I have implemented QInputMethodEvent Property for the discussion

Daisuke Kameda kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp
Sat Jan 8 08:44:01 EET 2005

On Friday 07 January 2005 19:03, Lars Knoll wrote:
> Below is the structure of the QInputMethodEvent I could imagine after the
> discussions we had:

Thank you for this work.

> ReplaceString:
> 	Not actually an attribute, but allows editing operations outside the
> preedit area. value contains a QVariant of type string that specifies the
> text to insert. start and length can specify regions outside the preedit
> area and specify the text to be removed.
> 	This allows inserts (length=0), deletes (string empty) and replaces of
> text outside the preedit area.

I cannot judge whether this function is enough.
Anuradha, do you think it fills demand of surrounding text modification?

> Language:
> 	The variant contains a QLocale object specifying the language of the
> preedit string.
> 	One question here: Is it enough to have one language for the whole event
> or do you need to split it up into several for the preedit string? IMO one
> language tag for the whole string should be enough.

Actually, in Japanese, Writing with mixing Japanese and English is realized.
In the future, mixing other language may be realized. Therefore, I think one
language tag for the whole string is not enough.

> Please tell me what you think of this structure as I would like to
> implement it as soon as possible.

Although I implemented value of Attribute using the void*,
I think that QVariant is enough as implementation at present.

--
Daisuke Kameda <kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp>