[immodule-qt] Send IMEnd event on reset

Daisuke Kameda kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp
Sun Jan 9 15:48:51 EET 2005

Choe Hwanjin <choe.hwanjin at gmail.com> wrote:

> > But, I think that we should leave the processing when receiving reset
> > to XIM server. In my memory, since the specification of XmbResetIC is not
> > clear, last preedit string may be commited doubly.
>
> I think this problem will be happen only when the xim implementation
> commit the preedit
> string on XmbResetIC and return the preedit string. In other cases,
> double commit will not
> happen. I think many xim implemetation will not commit preedit string
> and then return
> the preedit string on Reset function.

I considered many things or investigated.
As the conclusion, I think that change should be adopted.

I think that your opinion is right.

And, I think that operation at the time of reset should be dependent only
on input method (framework). However, it is also required to be the same
operation as other frameworks.

Then, after investigation, it turned out that it is committed in gtk+
application at least. So, it will be appropriate to follow this action.

Lars, please adopt the patch in Qt4.

--
Daisuke Kameda <kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp>