[immodule-qt] I have implemented QInputMethodEvent Property for the discussion

Daisuke Kameda kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp
Mon Jan 10 03:54:08 EET 2005

Lars Knoll <lars at trolltech.com> wrote:

> > Although I implemented value of Attribute using the void*,
> > I think that QVariant is enough as implementation at present.
>
> QVariant has the big advantage of being typesafe that's why I chose it.
> 'void *' always has problems because you can't safely cast to the original
> type and there are problems deleting the pointer. You can already now store
> almost all interesting types in a QVariant directly and if there should be
> something missing, you can register your own types for use with QVariant.

I completely agree with you.

> > BTW, is independent commit action realized by this implementation?
>
> I think so as you can use the ReplaceString functionality to add a committed
> string before the preedit string.

In gtk+, when commiting all the text in preedit, it is necessary to commit
after eliminating preedit. That is, the text of preedit is not erased at all
only by commiting. I remember that the operation of XIM resembled to that.

Also in Qt, I think it is good that even if QEvent::InputMethodEnd is sent,
preedit at the time is not erased.

--
Daisuke Kameda <kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp>