[immodule-qt] QInputContext Implementation

Daisuke Kameda kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp
Fri Aug 29 22:23:30 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm sorry I was late to reply.

manish.s.sharma at nokia.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
> My goal is to write a plugin for a text widget.
> Plugin will do some kind of pre-processing on the key & mouse presses on
> the text widget.
[snip]
 > With above changes i am able to get the events in filterEvent functions.
 > But i am not sure that whethere this is the correct approach, if it is
 > the correct approach then QTextControlPrivate implementation is not
 > complete. Please correct me if I am wrong. If possible please explain me
 > the architecture.

Did you read the Trolltech's document about Input Method?
e.g. http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/qinputcontext.html .

QInputContext isn't plugin mechanism for text widget.
And, QInputContext::filterEvent() is used in toplevel of
application, for example QApplication::x11ProcessEvent().

QTextEdit and QLineEdit are also good sample about use case
of QInputContext in widget.

I propose looking for another technical solution for the purpose.

--
Daisuke Kameda
    Japan KDE Users' Group:  President