[HEADS UP] clutter-evdev is using libevdev

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Mon Sep 9 20:39:47 PDT 2013

Hey Giovanni,

On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 01:49:54PM +0200, Giovanni Campagna wrote:
> I just wanted to tell you that the evdev backend of Clutter, which is
> at the heart of the gnome-shell input handling when running as a
> wayland compositor, is now using libevdev for reading the events.
> This also means that, if the API is broken, it would be helpful to
> know in advance. I'm subscribed to the input-tools list, so that
> should be enough.

that's great to hear, and you get some prize now for being the first (I
haven't even switched evdev/synaptics over yet :)

as for the API, as Benjamin has said, there are some changes to come, but
once 0.4 is out the API shouldn't see any more changes (only additions).
and 0.4 will be out this week.

I've pushed the API changes to master too, so if you start adjusting now,
you should be good for 0.4 and beyond.

Cheers,
   Peter