Evemu doesn't print events from main keyboard

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Wed Nov 23 00:02:35 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 01:27:39PM +0300, Artem Serebriyskiy wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am trying to debug my notebook keyboard and I noticed that evemu-record
> doesn't print any events from main keyboard (AT Translated Set 2 keyboard).
> Instead characters are simply displayed in the console.
> The behavior is the same whether under X or in TTY with X fully stopped. Is
> it a bug or am I missing something obvious ?
> Events from mouse, touchpad etc are printed as expected.

weird. the only reason i can imagine that events don't show up if some other
process holds an EVIOCGRAB but that should print a warning at least. and if
you can print the mouse, touchpad I doubt it's an issue with how you're
invoking evemu. Might be worth trying evtest in case there's some weird
corner-case that triggers a bug in libevdev but beyond that I don't really
know, sorry.

Cheers,
   Peter