Trouble in porting tc1126/tcm1680/cn1100 ts driver, no btn_touch event?

far5893 far5893 at iperbole.bologna.it
Tue Dec 19 14:35:29 UTC 2017

> In the out of order list of things that are simply wrong and tell me
> that you should not continue on this code base:
> - there is no license attached to this repo, nor to the one you forked
> (seems to be https://github.com/xchetah/tc1126-sunxi), nor to the
> original one (https://github.com/yangsong2512/TCMCode)
There is generic GPL license.
>    -> this is plain wrong and tell me you shouldn't use this as a base
> code as you have no idea what can legally happen next
> - the driver is completely wrong: it says it's SPI but I see
> everywhere that it is a I2C driver
Yes,only a naming issue.
I suppose that original touch screen was spi capable.
> - the driver obviously doesn't know how to use the Linux Multitouch
> protocol (which explains why your device doesn't work). The slots are
> not used, not even initialized and the single touch emulation that
> libinput/Xorg expect simply can't work
I add slot initialization and use,after this mail.
> - there is no git history shared between the 3 repos (yours, the one
> you forked, the original), so you can not basically fix something in
> one repo and fix it in the other ones
the original seems very different and don't know how much is "original".
> - the driver is not following the usual device model (it will  support
> only one touchscreen), and the init process is just garbage (it
> registers the device while in the init, where it should just register
> the driver)
It register driver  in init  , and in *probe* , initialize input dev  and  reset TS.
>   -> actually this might not be entirely the case, but it's clear that
> it was written until it worked and then people stopped touching it in
> fear of breaking it
> - full of commented out parts, we don't know if they have been
> removed/written by mistake or not.
I'm tring to clean it.

> Anyway, my advice would be to turn over to the sunxi community (if
> this is a touchscreen usually connected to AllWinner SoCs) and require
> help from them. Maybe someone will help you there, but IMO, the effort
> needed to have a working driver doesn't even match the price of the
> device, so I'd just buy something new and supported.

Thanks , but i rewrite Report function following your suggestions and seems that work well
i have  tablet with silead  and i work to obtain same events as silead_ts.
Now pointer is fully working, and driver compile well.

I know that none will never sell a product with this driver , but for hobbyist is sufficient,
and if a skilled kernel driver writer want try to write from scratch it is a *working* starting point.

Miky