Maintaining compatibility with newer versions

Nayan Deshmukh nayan26deshmukh at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 13:28:22 UTC 2020

Hi,

I have written bindings for libevdev in rust [1].

I am having trouble converting the event type/code enums from C to
rust. I want to handle the case where new event type/codes are
introduced in the kernel and are not yet available in the version of
the libevdev that the bindings are using.

My life and code will be much easier with the assumption that new
event types will not be introduced and the only possibility is the
introduction of new event codes. Can you please shed some light on
this? Is this a valid assumption?

Thanks,
Nayan Deshmukh

[1] https://github.com/ndesh26/evdev-rs