Question about simulating a MT device with evemu-event

input-tools at storiepvtride.it input-tools at storiepvtride.it
Mon Nov 30 09:09:29 UTC 2020

Peter Hutterer writes:

> This is all you're simulating - finger down at that location. To get pointer
> events you need to start moving the touch point in consecutive events, and
> eventually release it.

I didn't mention that my test bash script has +7000 events :-) I
understand that one "block" of events is not visible, I just expected
even a single event to appear in `libinput debug-events`.

But I understand that I need to send "complete" and well-formed events in
order to be understood and detected.

My end goal is simply to mimick a mouse using a keyboard, so it will
probably make more sense to send EV_REL events.

> Have a read of this post to get a better understanding of how evdev works:
> https://who-t.blogspot.com/2016/09/understanding-evdev.html
>
> fwiw, I strongly recommend using python-libevdev over evemu-event. murch
> more flexible.

Ah great, that's a great resource. I will experiment more with a proper
library, I am using bash just for testing.

Thank you so much for the tips and for the fantastic work on libinput!

Cheers,