[Intel-gfx] Testing XvMC with 2.2.99.902

Billy Macdonald billymacdonald at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 06:34:42 CEST 2008

Hello,

     I downloaded and installed the 2.2.99.902 drivers.  I have a i915
chip which I use DVI on the add-in card to a Samsung DLP at 1280x720.
It's on Fedora 8 with xorg 1.3.0.0-44.fc8.  I use this system for
MythTV so I won't be testing any of the 3d or opengl stuff.   Attached
is my xorg.conf, Xorg.0.log, mythtv, and mplayer outputs.  Myth
crashes when I try to use XvMC and mplayer bails on the video and just
plays the audio.

    I am unable to get XvMC to work.  Xv does work properly.  I'm not
sure if something isn't setup correctly as I know from past
experiences with a different manufacture, XvMC can be tricky to
configure.  Anyone have any ideas?  I guess my main question is do all
i915 chips support XvMC and is it supported on the DVI output with the
addon PCI-x card.

Thanks,
Billy

PS  Mplayer command:  mplayer -msglevel vo=9:decvideo=9 -fs -vo xvmc
-vc ffmpeg12mc /var/storage/mythtv/4869_20080408230000.mpg