[Intel-gfx] Testing XvMC with 2.2.99.902

Billy Macdonald billymacdonald at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 03:37:15 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 8:56 PM, Wu, Nian <nian.wu at intel.com> wrote:
> Billy Macdonald wrote:
>  > On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 10:35 PM, Wu, Nian <nian.wu at intel.com> wrote:
>  >>

> >>  By the way, we neen not the file XvMCConfig.
>  >>
>  >>  Thanks,
>  >>  Nian Wu
>  >>
>  >
>  > The file is a recording from my QAM tuner, so it should be MPG, but
>  > I'll try some of the samples.  Also, I'm not completely sure what you
>  > mean by "By the way, we neen not the file XvMCConfig."  Do I not need
>  > to put anything in XvMCConfig?  Has the wrapper changed on how it
>  > finds the proper XvMC lib?
>
>  Yes, the wrapper can find the proper XvMC lib. You can remove XvMCConfig
>  and try it.
>
>  -Nian

I was able to utilize xvmc using xine!  mplayer and mythtv still
didn't like it, but that doesn't seem to be an issue with the intel
driver.  Maybe mplayer and mythtv are just not doing it right, so I'll
focus on those programs and not the driver now.

Thanks,
Billy

PS  Does anyone know if xvmc will ever be functional on the i865 or is
it just not going to happen due to lack of features or resources?  I
have a second PC that I'm debating on replacing but if xvmc may work
on it in X months then I'll just wait.  It's just a touch too slow for
1080i as is.