[Intel-gfx] Updated 965 textured video code

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 03:01:58 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> wrote:
> I've rewritten the 965 textured video code to improve performance for
>  packed video formats and add support for planar formats. I'd love to
>  hear about people's experiences with this new code, especially if there
>  are specific videos which aren't working now.
>  --
>  keith.packard at intel.com

What might "packed video" and "planar" formats be?  I did a bit of
google-ing and really didn't find much beyond a pantent which
interestingly was for Intel :)

While I'm exposing myself as an idiot, if I'm interested in displaying
recordings from MythTV on an HDTV (preferably through DVI, HDMI or
Component if available), am I interested in textured video or video
overlay?  The only discussion I could quickly find on that was from
Keith a while back that seems probably above my level of current
understanding:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-March/022627.html
(Which also seems to suggest the 965 doesn't have an overlay, which
leads me to wonder if th G35 does...)

Thanks for all the responses to my relatively stupid question(s).

-Chad