[Intel-gfx] xf86-video-intel 2.5 release planning

Martin Olsson mnemo at minimum.se
Sat Aug 2 12:10:31 CEST 2008

Jesse Barnes wrote:
> Yeah, we've got a few similar bugs open; given that it only happens with EXA
> it's likely to be a render accleration bug (Option "ExaNoComposite" "true"
> would eliminate the crashes in that case) or an interaction between the EXA
> code and the 3D driver.  I'll add this one to the blocker list though; I
> don't want to remove XAA until EXA is stable.

I'm currently always turning off compiz in ubuntu for my boxes with
intel gfx cards (and thus implicitly switching from EXA to XAA). The
most annoying bug is this one (bug 234768 in launchpad). Basically, with
EXA turned on I've never been able to run an openGL screensaver
overnight (often it hangs after around 15 minutes of openGL drawing).

Try setting power options to "never blank out screen" and leave an
openGL screensaver (like "busy spheres" in ubuntu) running overnight on
a 965GM box.

The actual bug report bug is here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/xorg-server/+bug/234768

(there is also a corresponding fdo bug linked from launchpad but the fdo
bug has less info in it)

		Martin