[Intel-gfx] xf86-video-intel drm-gem branch merged

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Wed Aug 6 22:01:24 CEST 2008

I tracked down the blocker issue today[1], so I went ahead and merged drm-gem
into master.  Building master now requires a recent libdrm from git, but
hopefully a real version of that will be released soon.  We could also
consider adding some conditional code so that it'll build with old libdrms if
necessary.

GEM won't be used unless the underlying kernel supports it, so there shouldn't
be any regressions (aside from the already reported bugs QA told me about
before I merged, but they're not that serious), but please refresh your trees
and report any problems.

[1] Carl's been making some good changes to the composite code lately, but one
of them was causing trouble so I reverted it.  We really need to check for
aperture space after new allocations and before relocations are processed,
but the way our composite stuff works right now makes that difficult.

Thanks,
Jesse