[Intel-gfx] Wrong fb_bar under 64bit address

Edward Shu Edward.Shu at Sun.COM
Fri Dec 5 03:28:14 CET 2008

My point is the DDX driver assume the BAR offset in
32bit base. But it is not that true in G35 which get
BAR with 64bit capability. The code can work now because
fb_bar(GMADR) and mmio_bar(MMIO) only get address below 4G.
The code will be broken if BIOS give them address above 4G
in the future.

Eric Anholt:
> On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 08:50 +0800, Edward Shu wrote:
>
>> Eric Anholt:

>>> PCI BAR numbers are based on the offset, not the index in the list of
>>> BARs the devie has.
>>>

>> If it is that way, how can it deal with 64bit PCI address?
>> combining two consecutive BARS together?
>>

> That's how it's done (by your OS).

Best Regards,
Ming.

-Edward Shu
-Solaris x86 Engineering, Sun Microsystems
-Blog: http://blogs.sun.com/sming56/
-tele: +86-10-62673100