[Intel-gfx] xserver crash when attempting XvMC playback via MythTV

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Dec 9 17:47:56 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 23:17 +1100, Robert Lowery wrote:
> Not sure if it was intentional, but it looks like this crash has been
> fixed by
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel/commit/?id=e8b95efbf5d9c3a5b75b2bb8b5b51844b5fcdfbc
> and the below patch.

Not intentional, no. (We never did correctly reason what could be going
wrong to cause the crash you were seeing.) But theses patches do make
things better for independent reasons, and I'm happy that your crash is
also eliminated with them.

Thanks for your report, and please let us know if things go wrong again
in the future.

-Carl