[Intel-gfx] XvMC not working on G45

Will Saxon saxonww at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 22:49:19 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 8:46 PM, Zhenyu Wang <zhenyu.z.wang at intel.com> wrote:
> On 2008.12.12 03:59:26 +0800, Will Saxon wrote:

>> I can confirm identical behavior with driver 2.5.1, Xorg 1.5.3 and
>> libdrm 2.4.1. I always get the 'Failed to probe XvMC driver' message.
>> I've tried just the library name as well as a fully qualified path in
>> /etc/X11/XvMCConfig.
>>

> 2.5.1 doesn't include XvMC for 965-ish. You should try current git master
> or wait for a little time to test 2.6.0-rc1.

The MythTV wiki page that talks about Intel XvMC support also says
that acceleration is limited to frame sizes of 720x576 or smaller. Is
that true?

Is there an official document anywhere that explains what the
driver/library implements and what (if any) restrictions exist? Should
this be apparent to regular users who look at the code? It might be
nice to add this information to the intellinuxgraphics.org page.

-Will