[Intel-gfx] XvMC not working on G45

mulb mulb damien.intel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 16:05:11 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Peter Alfredsen <loki_val at gentoo.org>wrote:

> On Friday 12 December 2008, mulb mulb wrote:
>
> > xine: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/lib/libIntelXvMC.so.1:
> > undefined symbol: drmOpen
> >
> > Is there any solution?
>
> Try if the attached patch fixes that error. Proabably it should be named
> no-undefined-xvmc.patch, but I was in a hurry. With this, the xvmc .so
> files have no undefined symbols when compiling with
> LDFLAGS="-Wl,--as-needed" .

Hi,

thanks for the patch, I do not have the undefined error anymore.
But, after several days of compilation an tries, I still can not use xine,
neither with xvmc nor with xxmc.
It work with xv.

Here is the end of message log with xine --verbose=5 for xvmc
video_out_xvmc: checking adaptor 0
video_out_xvmc: checking adaptor 1
video_out_xvmc: checking adaptor 2
didn't find XVMC_IDCT acceleration trying for MC
Found XVMC_MOCOMP
video_out_xvmc: IDCTaccel 01
video_out_xvmc: using Xv port 97 from adaptor Intel(R) Textured Video
                for hardware colour space conversion and scaling
                motion compensation acceleration only
                With Overlay = 0; UnsignedIntra = 1.
Erreur de segmentation

Here is the end of message log with xine --verbose=5 for xxmc
video_out_xxmc: using Xv port 97 from adaptor Intel(R) Textured Video for
hardware colour space conversion and scaling.
video_out_xxmc: port attribute XV_BRIGHTNESS (5) value is 0
video_out_xxmc: port attribute XV_CONTRAST (4) value is 0
video_out_xxmc: XvMC extension present.
video_out_xxmc: Found 2 XvMC surface types
video_out_xxmc: Surface type 0: Max size: 1936 1096.
video_out_xxmc: Surface type 0: Max subpic size: 1920 1080.
video_out_xxmc: Surface type 1: Max size: 1920 1080.
video_out_xxmc: Surface type 1: Max subpic size: 1920 1080.
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  141 (XVideo-MotionCompensation)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  2 ()
  Value in failed request:  0x22002c3
  Serial number of failed request:  1779

And then it stops, all the time.