[Intel-gfx] Intel-gfx Digest, Vol 11, Issue 52

The Fungi fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Dec 31 15:22:40 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 01:23:15PM +0900, Mike Wright wrote:
[...]
> So until extended EDID and/or interlaced modes are supported you
> have to disable DDC and program a mode yourself.
[...]

Which isn't the end of the World. Before I got this new HDMI-capable
board, I was using an older Radeon which was no longer supported by
the FireGL drivers, and was stuck doing roughly the same thing to
make Xorg drive the TV via DVI-to-HDMI. Of course, yes, being able
to eventually forget how modelines work will make me feel a little
less like I'm stuck back in the early 1990s. ;)
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi at yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi at irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);