[Intel-gfx] testing for quarterly release (2008-07)

Łukasz Jernaś deejay1 at srem.org
Wed Jul 16 19:34:55 CEST 2008

Dnia 2008-07-01, wto o godzinie 16:37 +0800, Jin, Gordon pisze:
> Community Testers,
>
> Intel is going to release the gfx driver package quarterly. The package
> will include the latest stable code for all of the related components:
> xf86-video-intel, mesa, drm, and agpgart. We hope this could give users
> better experience.
>
> Here comes the first release candidate for the first quarterly release.
> I'm adding "stable driver" info into
> http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org/download.html.
> So for xf86-video-intel, please use xf86-video-intel-2.4-branch; for
> mesa, please use mesa_7_0_branch (accopmanied by xserver
> server-1.4-branch); for drm, please use a not-too-old kernel
> (>=2.6.26-rc7 is recommended).
> You can also use the tarball provided on the download page, if you don't
> use git.

I've made a small script with regard to
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/Development/git
which should help newbies start with git testing. It should work
(there's a weird issue with my distro and trying to build the drm
modules so I havent tested all of it), although it doesn't change
branches for you (yet ;). Of course there's jhbuild and stuff, but IMHO
that's simpler. Anyway, it's attached.

Regards,
--
Łukasz [DeeJay1] Jernaś