[Intel-gfx] Backlight testing

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Thu Mar 20 22:18:39 CET 2008

I steady flow of reports about the backlight control method breaking relative
to 2.1.1 have started to trickle in.  One of the main differences between
2.1.1 and 2.2.x is that 2.2.x will use the "legacy" method on 965 chips if
detected.  It appears that this causes problems on some machines though.

Is anyone here seeing that issue?

I'm thinking this patch may be the right approach to take, since
BLC_PWM_CTL[2] should indicate whether both registers are in use or just one
is in use, but I don't want to regress anyone.

Can you guys give this patch a try and let me know if it works for you?

Thanks,
Jesse