[Intel-gfx] Support for HDMI on ASUS P5E-VM HDMI (G35 chipset)

Mike Wright bodyjarrocks at gmail.com
Mon May 19 07:35:44 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I'm having problems getting HDMI to work on my ASUS P5E-VM HDMI.  I'll
post xorg.conf and logs soon.  I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy) and the
latest Intel XORG driver and DRM kernel part from GIT.  I have also
tried other versions of the driver like 2.3.0.

I have a Pioneer Plasma PDP427XDA connected via a short 1.5m HDMI
cable directly to the PC.  VGA works fine with the latest GIT driver.

Basically I can only get a black screen or a complete system lookup
(no SSH or ping).  I'd like to help out by looking at code and specs
and start debugging.

What I'd like to know is:

1)  Has anyone actually got this combination working?
2)  Does the Mobo BIOS version have any impact on this?

Of course I'll go looking for the answers myself.  I just wanted to
put the questions out there.

Mike