[Intel-gfx] G45 user experience

Zhenyu Wang zhenyu.z.wang at intel.com
Wed Nov 12 02:16:25 CET 2008

On 2008.11.12 01:52:17 +0800, Shane W wrote:
> Some more info:  After applying the DPMS patch posted in
> this thread, the audio dropouts are gone.  Further a
> restart of mplayer now works.  However, after 10 minutes of
> playing, the signal does get lost still.  It's not just the
> audio either it's the video as well the TV just displays
> "no signal" until mplayer is restarted.  Sorry I didn't
> report that bit I wasn't actually watching the screen.  A
> restart of the monitor after this cutout is not effective.
> Connecting the monitor directly to the board via HDMI still
> yields the same 10 minutes of good playback then a loss.
> The 10 minutes varies slightly but the cutout is plus or
> minus 1 minute.  It doesn't seem to matter which movie is
> being played back though may be worth noting that movies
> are in H.264 video format with AC3 audio.  When the
> receiver is connected, I am passing the AC3 to through
> HDMI, when directly connecting to the TV, the AC3 is
> decoded by mplayer and being passed over HDMI as 2-channel
> PCM.

Shane, could you test if this video loss is caused by HDMI
audio patch set? Or it's a bug with original driver.

Do you mean the video signal will lost for some seconds then
light back again?

Ling, could you test to play longer on our sony bravia? see
if we can produce this.

--
Open Source Technology Center, Intel ltd.

$gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 4D781827