[Intel-gfx] G45 BIOS mis-initializes stolen GTT PTEs

Martin Olsson mnemo at minimum.se
Wed Oct 15 21:54:20 CEST 2008

Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 23:50 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> I also don't think it's safe -- if the bios is reserving that page for
> something, we probably don't want to go stepping on it.  See the pair of
> patches I posted for an (I believe) improved fix.

I would like to test/verify that the fix that went into drm-intel-next
works on my system. I have some questions though:

* For 2D I only need to build new versions of agp-intel.ko and drm.ko, correct?
* For 3D I need the two above plus also i915.ko, correct?
* Do I need to build a new kernel or is it sufficient to re-build the modules? (I currently
got 2.6.27 final possibly with some minor ubuntu patches not sure what they put in there).
* Is there something special I need to do to enable GEM?
* Finally, how can I get the correct branch from git. I tried both of these commands:

git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/anholt/drm-intel.git
git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/anholt/drm-intel drm-intel-next branch

However, in both cases "git log" shows only Linus merges etc and not Eric's and Keith's fixes
from this week (even though I can see them on gitweb). So it seems that I am getting the wrong
branch (I'm getting master instead of drm-intel-next). However, both "git show-branch" and
"git branch" shows a single branch (master). What am I doing wrong?

Martin