[Intel-gfx] 2008Q3 release testing

Rémi Cardona remi at gentoo.org
Fri Sep 19 11:40:22 CEST 2008

Jin, Gordon a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> We're approaching 2008Q3 release in about 1 week. The stable release
> will include xf86-video-intel 2.5.0 and mesa based on 7.2, and we will
> provide GEM as a separate package. So if you have any issues with
> xf86-video-intel-2.5-branch and mesa_7_2_branch, please speak out. I'm
> especially interested in new hardware (GM45/G45), HDMI, compiz and EXA
> performance.

Hi Gordon,

I have a couple questions for this upcoming release :

1) Flickering issues are not fixed, not on server 1.4, not on 1.5. Aside
from Gtk not using XRRGetScreenResources (which has been done in
2.14.2), is there anything else to be done/tested ?

2) I recently tried to survey all the intel drivers available in all the
various pieces of the stack and I'm getting confused... Could you
clarify all the drivers (outside xf86-video-intel) in mesa and in the
kernel?

Right now, in Gentoo turning on support for "i810" builds
xf86-video-intel, mesa with drivers i810, i915 and i965, and kernel DRM
drivers i810 and i915.

Is this still correct these days, or are we building too much?

3) What do you mean by "we will provide GEM as a separate package" as a
lot of Gentoo users are really interested in trying it out ever since
TTM support was dropped.

Cheers :)

--
Rémi Cardona