[Intel-gfx] 2008Q3 release testing

Rémi Cardona remi at gentoo.org
Fri Sep 19 17:37:38 CEST 2008

Jin, Gordon a écrit :
> The only flicker bug I can find is 17405, which is said to be only on 2.4-branch, not on git, not on 2.5-branch. So I'm not putting this as 2.5 blocker.

Yep, that's the one I had in mind. I'll ask our faithful users to try
out the next 2.5 RC.

> I don't build i810 in mesa and drm. I'm not sure if you need it for historical reason?

Well that's what I'm trying to figure out. Are they completely ignored
by xf86-video-intel? If so, I'll stop building them.

> There're still some major bugs in GEM so we decide not to include it in the stable Q3 package (stable xf86-vdieo-intel + mesa + drm). For interested users to try GEM, we will tell where to get the code (in fact it's already in xf86-video-intel-2.5-branch/master and mesa master, so the major issue is getting a GEM-enabled kernel).

Ah great to hear that, it should be easier for us to package GEM then if
it's only in one place.

Thanks for your answers

--
Rémi Cardona