[Intel-gfx] Xorg crashes with fresh 2.6.29

David Amiel david at lesamiel.fr
Mon Apr 6 10:49:42 CEST 2009

Hello,

actually a geexbox dev has found a workaround to make Xorg starts with an
intel graphic card.

By disabling GEM Xorg starts (with somme issues though). To do this we
have to set dev_priv->has_gem = 0 in
linux-2.6.29.1/drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_dma.c.

By the way it's a big improvment for instant.

Regards,

David