[Intel-gfx] Intel 2.7.0 + kernel 2.6.30-rc2

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Thu Apr 16 22:14:26 CEST 2009

On jeu, 2009-04-16 at 21:28 +0300, Claudio M. Camacho wrote:
> I just upgraded my Debian and I was happy to see already the 2.7.0 of
> the intel driver. However, there is a problem that happens when KMS is
> enabled, and it not only happens with 2.6.30 but also with 2.6.29 and
> 2.6.29.1.
>
> This problem is that, when I start the X server, the image on the screen
> is diffuse. I took a screenshot, but the screenshot is correct (since it
> is done internally). This only happens with 2.7.0 + KMS, and it is
> unsable.

I can confirm this and Jesse Barnes said on IRC the problem was known
and fixed in drm-intel/for-linus.

I've built it and still have problems to enable KMS but X works fine in
UMS at least.

drm-intel/for-linus is based on 2.6.30-rc2 but I think Jesse said the
patch would be included in 2.6.29.2.

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis