[Intel-gfx] 945GSE?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 22:52:13 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm looking at this board:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813153145

And am curious if I will be able to throw Mythbuntu (or Gentoo or
something similar) on there and have the Component Output "Just Work"
when I plug it into a TV?  And I guess more importantly is will it
"Just Work" optimally, in that the TV is accepts a 1080p signal, will
the board output at that resolution?

I couldn't find much on the 945GSE, plenty on other chipsets though,
but not anything on the Component Output this offers.

And similarly, what about the DVI port?  Will that "Just Work" running
that into an HDMI input on a similarly equipped TV with HDMI input
that accepts 1080p?

Thanks!

-Chad