[Intel-gfx] xf86-video-intel: NEWS

Brice Goglin brice.goglin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 07:58:04 CEST 2009

Jesse Barnes wrote:
> This patch to libpciaccess makes the wc path set up an MTRR, can you
> give it a try?  It should help with some of the cases above, though
> you'll still want 2.6.29.1 to get some other related fixes.

Hello Jesse,

Thanks a lot for the patch. Only one of our users tested it so far
but he's using radeon, not intel. The patch didn't help him. His
server isn't even starting anymore (while it was just slow before).
He still misses a WC MTRR.

His reply and log are available at
  http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-x@lists.debian.org/msg86201.html
while his original bug report (against radeonhd and radeon drivers)
Note that latest drm modules bring his WC MTRR back and solve the
original slowness problem...

Brice