[Intel-gfx] VAAPI mpeg2 decode support for G45 and GM45 chip

Alexey Fisher bug-track at fisher-privat.net
Tue Aug 4 21:56:38 CEST 2009

Dan Nicholson schrieb:
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 8:30 AM, Alexey
> Fisher<bug-track at fisher-privat.net> wrote:
>> Zou, Nanhai schrieb:
>>> Hi,
>>>    We have enabled VAAPI support for G45 and GM45 platform.
>>>
>>> I have tested it with some high profile 1080p mpeg2 stream.
>>> Using a patched mplayer at
>>> http://www.splitted-desktop.com/~gbeauchesne/mplayer-vaapi/
>>> I can see CPU usage is dramatically reduced.
>>>
>>> Currently, we only support mpeg2 decoding.
>>>
>>> Welcome to test it.
>>> The git repo is at git://git.freedesktop.org/git/libva,
>>> To successful compile the mplayer, you need to choose the libva31 branch.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Zou Nan hai
>> I getting problems with packaging on ubuntu 9.10 (git libav31 tree)...
>> most of the errors i solved but the last one i can't find.
>>
>> probobly i making some thing wrong?
>> to package i use:
>> dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

So i get it to package... should i send you patch?

But i do not get video with mplayr-vaapi

and vainfo fail too:

libva: libva version 0.30.4-sds2
libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/va/drivers/i965_drv_video.so
libva: va_openDriver() returns 0
vainfo: VA API version: 0.30
vainfo: Driver version: i965 Driver 0.1
vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
       VAProfileMPEG2Simple            :	VAEntrypointVLD
       VAProfileMPEG2Main              :	VAEntrypointVLD
vainfo: i965_drv_video.c:81: i965_QueryConfigEntrypoints: Assertion `0'
failed.
Aborted (core dumped)