[Intel-gfx] No LVDS on 855GME (IB890)

john fulgor johnfulgor at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 14:49:24 CEST 2009

Hello,

intel-2.8.0
855GME (IB890)
linux-2.9.31rc5 (I've tried several other versions, but with the same result)
xserver 1.6.0
32MB shared memory

-> no LVDS output

after replacing the old i810 driver with the new intel-2.8.0, the LVDS output of my IB890 does not work anymore. I see a black screen gradually becoming white from the corners to the center. Reading the changes of 2.8.0:  "quirk LVDS on ibase MB890 855GM board", by Zhenyu Wang. The IB890 is very similar to MB890. Reading from the xorg log file, it seems to me that the LVDS is attached to pipe B, but pipe B is turned off for some unknown reason.
Can someone give me some help? If you need some more info, please ask.

John