[Intel-gfx] BACKLIGHT property for KMS case

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Tue Aug 18 04:01:22 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 05:52:28PM -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:

> The VBIOS handles it by making anything below the min brightness
> equivalent to "lowest", which is probably fine.  Scaling would work too
> though.  Also, the PWM write is wrong for a range of 0-255, so I need
> some scaling anyway...

The problem with having them all at "lowest" is that you'll get a bunch
of "low" brightness levels in the UI that all result in the same
brightness. It's not a technical issue but it looks kind of ugly, so I
think we need to set the zero point to the lowest value and reduce
max_brightness accordingly.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org