[Intel-gfx] many regressions in X support on Dell C400 with Mandriva 2009.1

Götz Waschk goetz.waschk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 11:40:20 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm using Mandriva 2009.1 on a Dell C400 machine. After the initial
installation X did not start at all, that's why I have added the third
party rpm repository by Colin Guthrie:
http://tmb.kkc.fi/Kernels/Intel-2009.1/i586/

So now I have pretty recent versions of Mesa, the Intel driver and the
kernel, still many things don't work. For instance, Google Earth locks
my machine.

Stuff like watching youtube videos, that worked smoothly on Mandriva
2009.0 with the Intel driver 2.4.2 are now just slideshows with 1
frame per second.

What can I do to get a decently working X on this machine?

I can provide more information on this machine if needed. The graphics
chip in the C400 is called 82830  CGC.

Regards, Götz

--
AL I:40: Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.