[Intel-gfx] New Samsung driver for backlight control.

Mike Lothian mike at fireburn.co.uk
Sat Aug 29 23:16:54 CEST 2009

2009/8/26 Mike Lothian <mike at fireburn.co.uk>:
> 2009/8/26 Greg KH <greg at kroah.com>:
>> On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 10:27:58AM +0100, Mike Lothian wrote
>>
>>> Do you have any idea why my brightness buttons aren't working correctly?
>>
>> See the other responses, they are working "correctly" now, a 0 setting
>> will not turn off the light, as it is not supposed to.
>
> What other responses?

I think the problem maybe due to the intel KMS driver not exporting
BACKLIGHT information via Xrandr ie xbacklight doesn't work

Also using the previous patch the one with 255 settings, once the
brightness goes low enough to switch of the backlight the backlight
refuses to come back on no matter what is value is then set

Regards

Mike