[Intel-gfx] KMS breaks console

Andre andremuellerster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 19:03:36 CET 2009

Tino Keitel wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I just enabled CONFIG_DRM_I915_KMS in 2.6.29-rc3 and now the text
> console is just black. This happens with the 2.6 branch on a Mac mini
> Core Duo with i945GM. Any hints how to solve this?
>
> Regards,
> Tino

On an 855GM, I lost console with KMS kernel after the first set of
DRM fixes by airlied. That is shortly before .29-rc1, IIRC.
I can post the exact commit later, if it helps.

(I did not ping anybody yet, as 855GM is not supported or even tested
yet. FWIW, I did even get X running, kind of, with KMS enabled before
said drm fix.)

Best, Andre