[Intel-gfx] GLXVisuals

GS gaf.stephanos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 13:38:44 CET 2009

Hi,
I recently found that the new X prepares a typical set of GLXVisuals out
of the GLXFBConfigs.
I had 36 GLXFBConfigs and 3 GLXVisuals which are not there in the
GLXFBConfigs list somehow.
I don't know from where they get prepared. This prevented me from using
some small 3d apps like
gnubik and xrubik. Gnubik exited saying that it can't get a suitable
visual and xrubik had a
segmentation fault probably due to the same reason. Anyway, I found an
xorg.conf option which
makes X prepare visuals for all the fbconfigs. So i got 36 glxfbconfigs
and 36 glxvisuals.
But my old visuals which weren't there in the fbconfigs are now lost and i
can't run compiz
though i can run gnubik now. What's the solution ? Is this something
related to the driver ?

--