[Intel-gfx] Support for HDMI on ASUS P5E-VM HDMI (G35 chipset)

Mike Wright bodyjarrocks at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 17:08:55 CET 2009

> Hi Mike,
>
> Thanks for your email!
>
> "1.  Did anyone at Intel get around to decoding that EDID block yet?"
>>  I 'm focusing on EDID extension, in order to push CEA extension mode, recently I did a patch to handle detailed timing block including both EDID and CEA extension.
> "2.  Secondly, can the intel drivers program an arbitrary mode over
> HDMI like NVIDIA can?  If so then I could ignore this whole EDID thing
> and just program the right mode."
>> Currently our driver don't support interlaced mode such as 1920x1080i, but do for others mode completely.
>> after pushing CEA extension into Xorg, I 'm going to do the feature for interlaced mode.
>
> Best Regards
> Ma Ling

Thanks for the update Ma Ling.  My Pioneer is working well with a GTF
generated 1280x720 at 50hz modeline.

I must say that the general quality of the 2.5.99.1 Intel driver is
great.  I have been exercising XV heavily using MythTV.  Everything is
working perfectly including vblank (on the hardware overlay).  I just
need to get stereo HDMI working.  Currently I have left channel audio
only.  I think I need an ALSA patch.  It is mentioned here:
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2008-November/012158.html.

Thanks for the (Free) support :-)  Much appreciated.

Mike.