[Intel-gfx] Tearing on G45 (X4500HD)

Zou, Nanhai nanhai.zou at intel.com
Thu Jan 15 09:26:07 CET 2009

________________________________
From: intel-gfx-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org [mailto:intel-gfx-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org] On Behalf Of Damien
Sent: 2009年1月15日 16:11
To: intel-gfx at lists.freedesktop.org
Subject: Re: [Intel-gfx] Tearing on G45 (X4500HD)

Hi,

I'm sorry I can't help you, just to say that I have the same problem with XvMC (segfault), and the same problem with tearing.

It's better with OpenGL, but the darker the picture is, the more tears I have.
Regards
Damien

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:12 PM, Tino Keitel <tino.keitel+xorg at tikei.de<mailto:tino.keitel%2Bxorg at tikei.de>> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 13:57:06 +0200, Ville-Pekka Vainio wrote:

[...]

> I'm seeing a lot of tearing when playing videos with Xv. Is there
> anything that might help with getting rid of the tearing? I've tried
> XvMC but for some reason xine segfaults with it.
>
> Xvinfo lists only Textured video so does the G45/X4500 not have Overlay
> at all?
Without video overlay, you won't get tearing free playback with XV. You
might try OpenGL based playback (like mplayer -vo gl).

Regards,
Tino

Hi,
       For the XvMC hang issue, which media player are you using?
Would you mind post a bug report to bugzilla on fd.o?

Thanks
Zou Nan hai