[Intel-gfx] Which Intel hardware can display/decode H.264?

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 8 11:10:31 CEST 2009

Dear xf86-video-intel hackers,

sorry for the following noob question.

I am looking at hardware able to decode and display H.264 material. I
asked something similar on [2], but to be sure I post on this list.

I am confused, because specifications for the
GMA 950 from Intel state »HDTV 480i/p, 576i/p, 720i/p and 1080i/p
display resolution support« [1].

Does this also include decoding H.264 material? Does the hardware have a
decoder included and is this hardware decoder supported by the Intel
drivers? [3] claims to be playing 1080p HD material on an ASUS EeePC
901.

Could you please point me to a list, where these Intel products with
current and future driver support are listed?

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/gma950/index.htm
[2] http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2009-July/020955.html