[Intel-gfx] [ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.8.0

Marc Deop i Argemí damnshock at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 12:20:31 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 21 July 2009 08:08:13 Carl Worth wrote:
> The driver certainly will work
> best with an i915 module from a recent kernel (2.6.31) and with
> kernel-modesetting (KMS, specified by loading i915 with the option
> "modeset=1").

I've been running this release with a 2.6.31-rc4 kernel for a couple of days
and I can tell the performance improvement is noticeable as well as the
stability (for which I already congratulated the devs).

I'm running on an intel GMA 945, Centrino Duo T2400 1,83GHz and I can now
watch 720p videos without any glitches or slowdowns! 1080p still not watchable
tough :( (will I ever be able to do so?).

Then again: congrats to the devs! We've been in a "dark" place for some months
but things seem to improve really fast :)

Damnshock