[Intel-gfx] 2009q2 - random freezes with 945gm

Vasily Khoruzhick anarsoul at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 10:18:29 CEST 2009

Hi, I'm experiencing random system freezes with latest stable driver release -
2009q2. System freezes completely (sysrq+b doesn't work), so I can't give you
any logs (And fortunately, it happens not so often :)). Sometimes it happens
when I play some opengl game, sometimes when I try to play some video with
mplayer. System just freezes - sometimes image on screen stays still,
sometimes it disappears (and in this case it looks like xorg-server is dead,
but I can't switch VT, and sysrq is not working, network is not working - I
can't use ssh to login on my laptop).

Any suggestions? Should I file another bug on freedesktop.org?

I'm using all components from 2009q2, kms is enabled, kde4.2 with effects
enabled as DE. Video hardware - gma950.

Regards
Vasily