[Intel-gfx] [Patch 0/2] [DRM] :add the CVT/GTF algorithm in kernel space

yakui_zhao yakui.zhao at intel.com
Wed Jun 10 08:08:44 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-10 at 06:45 +0800, Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 10:52 +0800, yakui_zhao wrote:
> > Hi, All
> >
> > 	This is the patch set to add the CVT/GTF algorithm in kernel space. They are based on
> > the CVT/GTF function in xserver. But the CVT/GTF algorithm in xserver is realized by using float-point
> > calculation. And the float-point calculation had better be avoided in kernel space. I translate them
> > by using 32-bit integer calculation.
> > 	Patch 1/2. Add the CVT algorithm .
> > 	The CVT function can be called to generate the required modeline based on the input parameters
> >         Patch 2/2. Add the GTF algorithm
> > 	The GTF function can be called to generate the required modeline based on the input parameters.
> >

> > Welcome the comments.
> >
> > Best regards.
> >     Yakui
>
> Is this getting hooked up to actual EDID decode so it does something?
Yes.
The EDID is not interpreted correctly in kernel space. For example:
sometimes there exists the standard timing in EDID. But unfortunately
the function of drm_mode_std does nothing but to get the aspect
ratio/hdisplay/vdisplay.

If we want to add the modeline for the standard timing in EDID, we will
have to add the CVT/GTF algorithm in kernel space and then they are